Got a last minute race day invite, or just want to re-wear your favourite navy dress?
Navy is a popular colour choice for many women, it suits lots of different skin and hair tones, and is versatile and easy to wear. Many of us have a navy dress, jumpsuit or powersuit tucked away in our wardrobes, and these can be easily styled to create lots of different options.
Here are my top ten ideas on how to style your favorite navy dress for your next race day.
1. CONTRAST COLOUR - choose a contrasting colour on the colour wheel like orange and let it pop!
2. Think one colour, different shades. Try out a soft blue against the darker colour.
3. Add neutral tones like soft champage, latte or beige to easily tie in with accessories.
4. Navy plays well with all metallic shades such as rose gold, bright gold, silver, copper.. take your pick.
5. Inject florals with a statement necklace and silk flower headpiece, use pretty colours to play up the femininity.
6. Add colour with a bright warm colour to create a bold clash against the subtle navy.
7. Choose a vintage inspiration for your hat, bag and even shoes. A little brooch is a great way to accessorise.
8. Stay classic with a navy clutch and a strand of pearls.
9. Take a fashion forward approach with a leather or jewelled crown.
10. And last, the popular combination of navy and white. From ivory, or cream to pure white this classic combination will never go out of style.